Tav Pools and Water Kingdom
5-1271 Simcoe St. N. Oshawa, On L1G 4X1
Phone: (905)432-7665 Fax: (905)432-7661
OPENING - IN-GROUND POOL (for those do-it-yourselfers)
- Insert garden hose under cover and start to re-fill pool.
- Use a leaf rake to remove all leaves and debris from the cover.
- Remove water from top of cover using a submersible pump or a siphon method.
- Remove most of the water and leaves from the cover. The more you remove, the easier it will be for you to pull the cover back.
- Two people, one on either side, pull the cover from the deep end to the shallow end-for easier access to remove last bit of water and leaves.
- Use a pail to bail out the remaining water-pull the cover off.
Cover Clean Up
- Lay cover out on a flat surface for cleaning (i.e. Driveway or lawn).
- If it is a hot day, be careful you don't burn your grass.
- Scrub the cover clean.
- Roll cover up ready for storage.
- Empty water from bags.
- Check for holes or broken seams; make a note of how many bags need replacement.
- Scrub up the water bags.
- Roll the water bags up for
storage. Do not fold as this leads to punctures and tears.
Installation of Deck Equipment (Ladder Installation)
- Make sure ladder bumpers are installed correctly or liner damage will occur (Replace bumpers if necessary).
- Insert ladder into anchor sockets in the deck. Make sure ladder is level and secure.
- Tighten wedges-don't over tighten, just make them snug.
- Start by removing all plugs from the return jets.
- Replace eyeball fittings into returns to ensure correct water circulation.
- Remove plugs and winterizing equipment from skimmer, replace skimmer basket and weir where applicable.
- Next, move to filter pad.
- Replace all drainage plugs that have been removed from equipment.
- Reconnect pressure switch in heater if applicable.
- Make sure all suction lines are once again full of water.
- Fill pump with water and seal lid. Start system up.