TAV POOLS & WATER KINGDOM
5-1271 Simcoe St. N. Oshawa, On L1G 4X1
Phone: (905)432-7665 Fax: (905)432-7661
FILTER SAND CHANGE (for those do-it-yourselfers)
1. Determine size of filter and purchase adequate sand required.
2. Shut off pump and remove drain cap to allow water to drain from filter tank.
3. Remove the multi-port valve from the filter tank, sliding it carefully from the sand pipe.
4. Using a shop vac (wet or dry), remove all sand from filter tank.
5. Carefully remove, wash and inspect the lateral assembly for any breaks or signs of damage.
6. Replace lateral assembly and drain plug.
7. With garden hose, add enough water to tank to cover the laterals.
8. Make sure the top of the sand pipe is fully covered with tape or a Styrofoam cup as it is important not to get sand down the pipe.
9. Carefully begin adding new sand, one bag at a time, making sure it lays somewhat level in the tank.
10. Wipe off any excess sand from top of tank
11. Replace multi-port valve and tighten clamp
12. Set valve to “backwash” and run for 3 minutes, then shut off pump, set to “rinse” and run for one minute. This ensures that any sediment within the new sand are discharged and not returned to the pool.
13. Turn off pump, place valve assembly in “filter” mode and turn Pump back on.
ALWAYS REMEMBER TO TURN PUMP OFF PRIOR TO CHANGING FILTER SETTINGS
You’ve just successfully changed the sand in your Pool Filter!